Deploying Smart Contracts on Taraxa via Remix
- Let's start with one of the pre-populated default contracts in the Remix IDE,
- We'll compile with version 0.8.3
- Let's deploy, change the Environment to "Injected Provider - Metamask" and make sure that you're on the Taraxa Mainnet network on Metamask. If you don't know how, here's how you can add Taraxa into Metamask.
- Make sure you have some TARA in your wallet, Confirm the Metamask transaction prompt (wallet address redacted).
- Check out the console output inside the Remix IDE, looks like the contract was successfully deployed! (wallet address & transaction hash redacted)
- You can find the deployed contract address on the bottom left side of the Deploy & Run Transactions panel in the Remix IDE.
- Let's try interacting with the contract via the Remix IDE, let's store a number into the contract by calling the
store()function, and of course confirm the transaction on Metamask. (certain details redacted).
- From the Remix IDE console output, it looks like the transaction went through, and calling the
retrieve()function correctly recalls the stored number. Everything checks out!
🎊🎊 That's it, you're done! You've successfully deployed a smart contract onto Taraxa. 🎊🎊