Using Taraxa on Metamask
Since Taraxa is ETH-compatible, all you need to do is create a regular ETH wallet on Metamask.
Here's the official guide from Metamask on How to create an additional account in your wallet, if you don't already have one you'd like to use with Taraxa.
Most ETH-compatible wallets allow you to add a "custom network". As long as that network is ETH-compatible - which Taraxa is - everything just works.
You have two options to add Taraxa as a custom network into Metamask: adding it via Chainlist, or doing it manually yourself.
The first way to get add the Taraxa network onto Metamask is via Chainlist. We highly recommend that you reference Metamask's Chainlist Documentation.
Here's a step-by-step guide for adding Taraxa to Metamask via Chainlist,
- Choose "Metamask" in the pop-up
- Once Metamask is connected, your wallet address will show up on the upper right corner
- Next, search for "Taraxa" in the search bar, and you should be able to see Taraxa's Mainnet and Testnet networks in the search results
- Click on "Add Chain" for the network you wish to join, for example, the Taraxa Mainnet
- You'll see a Metamask pop-up, here's where you can confirm the Taraxa network's connection details are correct, and then click on "Approve"
- Next, Metamask will ask if you'd like to switch to the new network
- Finally, when you open the Metamask browser plugin, you should be able to see "Taraxa Mainnet" at the top, and you're done!
You also have the option to simply add the Taraxa network into Metamask manually. The end result is exactly the same. We highly recommend that you reference Metamask's Custom Network Documentation.
Here's a step-by-step guide for adding Taraxa to Metamask via manually configuring custom networks,
- Open the Metamask browser plugin, click on the network selector button, which will show you a list of networks, at the bottom, there's a "Add Network" button, click on that
- A browser tab will pop out and show Metamask's Add a Network settings, choose "Add a network manually" at the bottom
- Here you'll see a brief form for you fill in details of Taraxa's network
- You can reference the connection details in the Taraxa's network connection details page, here is a screenshot for connecting to the Taraxa's mainnet network, once you finished entering the connection details just click on "Save"
- After saving, open the Metamask browser plugin, you should be able to see "Taraxa Mainnet" at the top, and you're done!