Using Taraxa on Metamask
Since Taraxa is ETH-compatible, all you need to do is create a regular ETH wallet on Metamask.
Most ETH-compatible wallets allow you to add a "custom network". As long as that network is ETH-compatible - which Taraxa is - everything just works.
Here's a step-by-step guide for adding Taraxa to Metamask via Chainlist,
- Choose "Metamask" in the pop-up
- Once Metamask is connected, your wallet address will show up on the upper right corner
- Next, search for "Taraxa" in the search bar, and you should be able to see Taraxa's Mainnet and Testnet networks in the search results
- Click on "Add Chain" for the network you wish to join, for example, the Taraxa Mainnet
- Next, Metamask will ask if you'd like to switch to the new network
- Finally, when you open the Metamask browser plugin, you should be able to see "Taraxa Mainnet" at the top, and you're done!
Here's a step-by-step guide for adding Taraxa to Metamask via manually configuring custom networks,
- Open the Metamask browser plugin, click on the network selector button, which will show you a list of networks, at the bottom, there's a "Add Network" button, click on that
- A browser tab will pop out and show Metamask's Add a Network settings, choose "Add a network manually" at the bottom
- Here you'll see a brief form for you fill in details of Taraxa's network
- You can reference the connection details in the Taraxa's network connection details page, here is a screenshot for connecting to the Taraxa's mainnet network, once you finished entering the connection details just click on "Save"
- After saving, open the Metamask browser plugin, you should be able to see "Taraxa Mainnet" at the top, and you're done!